- Subject to questions or likely to be questioned or challenged for one's actions or decisions
- Prone to be held accountable for something as the main influencer or initiator
- Subject to potential legal consequences or punishment if found at fault
- Possessing traits of reliability, honesty and the necessary skills and resources
- Capable of discerning and choosing between proper and improper conduct
- Characterized by the obligation to account for one's actions or decisions
- The corporation was found responsible for the environmental damages it caused in the town.
- After the miscommunication, the project manager was held responsible for not effectively managing her team.
- Because of his actions, the driver was deemed responsible for the car accident.