- The act of returning something, like property or money, to its rightful owner
- The process of compensating a person for damage or harm done to them
- The fair and just return of benefits or items that were acquired through unjust enrichment
- A solution to a broken contract that involves bringing the affected party back to the position they were in before the contract was established
- The specified amount assigned for the process of restitution
- The court ordered the thief to make restitution by returning the stolen goods to their owner.
- As part of the settlement, it was decided that restitution would be made for the harm caused by the accident.
- The wronged party sought restitution after the breach of contract and wished to return to the state they were in before the agreement.