- A barrier or obstacle that can limit what is allowed or possible
- A rule that controls or restricts certain actions or behaviors
- A condition that limits the usage or enjoyment of property or a facility
- The action of placing certain limits or constraints
- The condition of being limited in freedom, rights, or scope
- The city council created a zoning restriction that prevents the construction of multi-story buildings in the residential area.
- Because of a restriction in their rental agreement, they were not permitted to have pets in the apartment.
- Due to a health restriction, he was not allowed to participate in strenuous physical activities.