- This is the act of providing an official account or report to a superior authority. This can come in forms such as a list or statement
- This refers to bringing back documents like a writ, verdict, or indictment to an office or legal tribunal
- In a financial context, it is the act of bringing in or generating earnings or profit
- In legal proceedings, it's the delivery of a court order to the appropriate officer or court
- It may also mean an official report or account of an action performed or duty discharged, or information and statistics
- In an electoral context, it's a report summarizing the results of a vote
- It could also signify an official declaration affirming the election of a political candidate
- This term is also used to describe a legally required document that reveals taxable income, deductions and exemptions, and how the tax due was calculated
- In business, it is the income gained from labor, investment, or business activities
- It may also mean something that is brought back or given back
- The employee was tasked to return the financial records to his superior.
- The officer was required to return the writ to the court after serving it.
- The investment was expected to return a significant profit in the next financial quarter.