- An established privilege for passing over another person's property
- The designated area where the privilege of passage is granted
- The narrow piece of land used for the construction of public roads
- The property occupied primarily by a railway line
- The area utilized by a public service provider, such as an electricity provider, for laying down transmission lines
- An officially recognized priority given to one vehicle over another due to established customs, adjudications, or laws
- The officially granted privilege allowing movement of traffic to proceed before others
- The city's reconstruction project was delayed because they had to negotiate right-of-way with numerous homeowners.
- The transport department proposed a new right-of-way to reduce traffic on the main road.
- Under the right-of-way laws, the ambulance was given the preference to pass first in heavy traffic.