- A guide or instruction set up to regulate behavior or actions
- A guiding principle put in place to regulate decisions or actions
- An order or directive issued by court proceedings, usually attached to a petition requesting an officer or participating party to perform a task or explain why such task should not be done
- A regulation implemented by a judicial body that holds the strength of law and organizes the practices or procedure within a judicial setting
- A statement from an administrative agency that is designed to interpret or implement laws or describe the agency's procedures with future relevance
- A regulation or rule providing guidance on procedures or conduct within an institutional setting, such as in an organization or during proceedings
- A decision made by a legislative rules committee determining the approach for reviewing a specific legislative proposition
- The act of exerting control or authority
- The act of governing or exercising authority over something or someone
- To make a decision and declare it authoritatively
- The act of exercising the highest authority
- To issue an authoritative decision or interpretation
- The election commission issued a rule to conduct smooth polling in the region.
- The organization maintained a strict rule for managing client contracts.
- He was promoted to a position where he would rule over the entire department.