- This term refers to something that is operational or has an ongoing impact
- It also describes a process that is progressing towards its end or starting to take effect
- Further, it can mean a situation where something accrues or obligations become due, with the amount increasing over time
- The new laws regarding public safety will run starting from the first of next month.
- The company's contract is set to run for another six months.
- During the lease period, interest on the unpaid balance will run until full payment is made.