- The money paid for rescuing a ship or its goods from sea risks or for retrieving it after an actual disaster, such as a shipwreck
- The process of rescuing a ship or its goods
- The process of rescuing property that is in danger, for instance, from a fire
- Any property that has been rescued from ruin, including from a disaster or fire
- Refers to damaged property that has been bought by an insurance company after they have compensated for the loss
- After the fire was extinguished, the firefighters were able to salvage some precious artworks.
- The insurance company took ownership of the damaged car as salvage after compensating the owner.
- The crew worked tirelessly to salvage the sinking ship and its cargo.