- A type of court order based on a previously recorded event that requires an individual to explain why an existing record shouldn't be executed or enforced, or should be deleted or canceled
- An initiated legal process by means of a scire facias, a special form of court order
- The court issued a scire facias ordering the defendant to show cause why the judgment should not be enforced.
- The plaintiff initiated a scire facias to get clarification on the validity of a previous ruling.
- The judge used a scire facias to question the execution of a final judgment.