- A device, such as an emblem, symbol, or word that is used to confirm or replace a signature and validate written materials, often used in common law
- It is the act of authenticating or approving something as if placing a seal
- It refers to the act of restricting public access to certain records or documents
- The university put its seal on the degree as a mark of authenticity.
- The documents with sensitive information were sealed from public view to maintain confidentiality.
- Before the project proposal could proceed, it needed to be sealed by the head of the department.