- The act of safeguarding from the risk of losing or not obtaining
- The process of guaranteeing or assuring a claim, often through a surety
- The action of giving assurance for a loan or making certain a payment, execution or performance with a collateral
- The practice of providing or promising collateral to a person or entity to whom money is owed
- The bank needed to secure their investment before granting the loan.
- By placing a lien on the property, the company was able to secure their interest.
- In order to secure the creditor's funds, they required an asset as collateral.