- Something that is assured or confirmed by a form of protection, generally involving physical or financial assets
- The act of providing protection, typically in the form of an asset that can be used as collateral
- The process of receiving a right to take possession of certain assets in case a debtor fails to meet their obligation
- The conditions that lead to the establishment of a right over an asset that ensures repayment of a debt
- The bank offered lower interest rates to those with secured loans, thus reducing the risk of non-payment.
- The investor felt comfortable with his investment as it was secured by assets greater than the amount financed.
- The car loan is a prime example of a secured debt, often protected by the purchased vehicle itself.