- The act of owning land or personal properties
- The act of owning land that is obtained from the delivery of seisin
- Owning a freehold estate in land provided the person involved has the legal title to that land
- The right to assume immediate control of an estate or to immediately inherit
- The farmer held seisin of the property after the title had been successfully transferred.
- Upon his father's demise, he had the right to immediate seisin.
- Seisin of the estate was allocated according to the beneficiary named in the will.