- An action that is used in relation to a decision or choice between two or more possibilities
- The act of gaining control or possession of something, typically property, by using an authorized power or force
- The process of temporarily restraining a person's freedom of movement, under which a reasonable person would believe that they are not allowed to leave
- The police were ordered to seize the illegal goods found in the warehouse.
- Under the law, the government has the power to seize private property for public use.
- The officer's actions were considered as seize because a reasonable person would not feel free to leave in that situation.