- A situation or occurrence where something is taken control of or gained possession of
- An act where someone's property is taken over, significantly disrupting their ownership or control over it
- The act of taking a person into custody, typically for purposes related to law enforcement or investigation
- Because of the unpaid taxes, the government executed a seizure of the homeowner's property.
- The police conducted a seizure of the suspected illegal goods found in the warehouse.
- Under a warrant, the police conducted a seizure of the suspect for investigation.