- A legal principle that justifies the use of force by an individual to protect oneself from harm or danger
- A justification in a legal context that a person engaged in violent behavior to safeguard against a real and perceived threat that could result in severe physical harm or death
- The defendant claimed they utilized self-defense after being attacked in their home.
- Evidence showed that the severe measures taken by the individual were, in fact, acts of self-defense.
- The attorney argued that his client had a valid claim of self-defense due to the imminent threat.