- The act of putting a jury or a witness in a separate or secluded place to inhibit influence or communication
- Refers to the legal act of taking possession of assets or property, typically through a written court order
- A legal procedure where property is stored or held in a secure location
- The judge decided to sequester the jury to avoid any undue influence from media coverage.
- When the debtor failed to repay their obligations, the bank was forced to sequester their property.
- He had to sequester his inherited property until the legal dispute over its ownership was resolved.