- The act of delivering, publishing, or enforcing a legal document or notice, as mandated by law
- The action of making legal service on a person named in a process, informing or notifying them through legal means
- The act of imposing a designated period of imprisonment
- After being found guilty, the defendant will have to serve a five-year sentence.
- The lawyer will serve the subpoena to the witness as a part of the court procedure.
- The summons was successfully served to the recipient by the designated officer.