- This is a process where property is sold by a sheriff or his deputy, usually due to a court order
- A court-ordered confiscation and sale of a property conducted by the sheriff to settle a legal judgment against the owner
- In order to cover the overdue mortgage payments, the house was put up for a sheriff's sale.
- Despite trying to negotiate with creditors, they could not prevent the sheriff's sale of their car.
- We bought our warehouse from a sheriff's sale, since the previous owner couldn't pay their debts.
- Following the legal judgment, the sheriff's sale was scheduled to pay off the owner's debt.
- If you don't meet your debt obligations, your property may be subject to a sheriff's sale.
- He bought a house at a sheriff's sale, which greatly reduced the price.