- A quick and efficient handling of a matter in a court
- A term or duration that is not long or extensive
- A situation where one sells goods or property they don't currently own, expecting a decrease in market prices
- Selling securities or commodities without possessing or contracting them at the time of sale
- A situation where available funds are not enough to cover a loan
- A situation where a short sale of goods, properties, or financial instruments occurs
- The judge decided to keep the case short to save the court's time and resources.
- Due to its short term, the contract needs to be renewed annually.
- In the stock market, he shorted a large volume of shares, anticipating a fall in price soon.