- The act of making a false spoken statement that damages a person's reputation
- The action of damaging a person's reputation by making untrue oral statements to a third person without legal protection to do so
- The unlawful act of damaging a person's reputation by making false and harmful oral remarks
- The celebrity sued the tabloid for slander after they published false stories about her.
- Regardless of their disagreements, the manager warned the employees against resorting to slander to settle their differences.
- The politician filed a lawsuit on the grounds of slander after false accusations about him were orally spread during the campaign.