- A system put in place by the public sector to offer economic protection and societal support to individuals and their families
- Funds disbursed under a Social Security program aimed at providing financial assistance
- Those who pay into Social Security throughout their work life can expect to receive benefits in their retirement years.
- Disability benefits are a part of the Social Security program to assist those unable to work because of health issues.
- If you work in the United States, a certain amount is deducted from your paycheck for Social Security.