- Indicates a condition or state of being healthy and free from illness or injury
- Being in a state where there is no defect, damage, or decay
- Refers to a situation or argument that is free from error or misunderstanding
- Refers to something that holds up legally and is valid
- Demonstrating wisdom or good sense in decisions or actions
- Having a specific foundation upon which an action is based or formed
- The lawyer argued that the contract was sound and didn't breach any laws.
- In the interest of sound decision-making, the judge postponed the court hearing.
- The detective found the suspect's alibi to be sound and decided not to press charges.