- Something that stands out owing to a unique characteristic or quality
- Something that is connected to a specific item or group of items and has a distinctive nature
- Something that is additional to what is usual or normal
- A solution or provision specifically arranged as a response to a demand not addressed by standard methods
- Something that is specifically created or chosen to serve a distinct purpose or for a special event
- Something thoroughly detailed and itemized, providing specific information
- The lawyer advocated for a special hearing due to the unique circumstances of the case.
- The judge instructed the clerk to file a special report detailing the court’s daily operations.
- The parties agreed to form a special committee to oversee the implementation of the agreement.