- The act of forming a theory or conjecture without complete information
- The practice of undertaking a business endeavor with the possibility of profit despite the potential risks
- The action of accepting something as true without enough evidence to back it up
- The lawyer advised her client not to speculate about the result of the trial.
- As an entrepreneur, she was willing to speculate on a new business venture despite its risks.
- It is essential not to speculate about the defendant's guilt without all the facts.