- The act or process of division into individual units or elements
- The act of creating differing factions or groups within a larger body or organization
- The practice of voting for candidates from different political parties on the same ballot
- The action of increasing the amount of company stocks owned by current shareholders while keeping the total value constant
- The process of separating a lawsuit into distinct issues or claims, to allow for partial litigation or resolution
- The occurrence of being divided or becoming separate from a larger whole
- Being divided into individual portions, parts, or pieces
- Being separated by conflicting opinions or views
- The company decided to split its stocks to attract more investors.
- The voters were encouraged to split their votes between multiple parties to make the election more competitive.
- Due to irreconcilable differences, the committee decided to split into two separate factions.