- The purposeful ruining, changing, or damaging of evidence, particularly by an individual whom the evidence would negatively impact
- The process of changing or damaging a document, like a will, by someone who is not a party to the document
- If a document has signs of deliberate spoliation, it can undermine its credibility in court.
- The court dismissed the case due to allegations of spoliation of evidence by the defendant.
- Spoliation of a will could lead to the invalidation of the document.