- A model, example or reference point put in place by authority, tradition, or wide acceptance
- A rule set by authority that dictates the measurement of quantity, weight, distance, value or quality
- The basis on which the value in a financial system is established
- The gold standard was used as a basis for monetary value in the past.
- The food industry follows specific safety and quality standards mandated by authorities.
- The standard for measuring a country's economic health includes various factors like GDP, unemployment rate, and inflation.