- The condition of persisting indefinitely in existence, use, or effectiveness
- The position of being permitted to assert or enforce legal rights or obligations in a legal setting due to having a significant, safeguardable interest in the result of a valid dispute and typically experiencing or threatened with legitimate harm
- A rule that mandates a party to have standing to validate the court's authority to implement remedies
- The environmental group claimed they had standing to sue due to the potential harm to the area they work to protect.
- The court examined whether she had standing to file a lawsuit because her interests were directly affected by the issue.
- The case was dismissed because the plaintiffs did not have standing, as the outcome did not directly influence them.