- A term derived from the distinctive name of a room where the highest court of England met during medieval times
- A phrase used to describe a court or legal proceeding that is held in secret and has arbitrary rulings
- The defendants were concerned that the court had devolved into a Star Chamber with its secretive proceedings.
- Critics argue that the oversight board operates like a Star Chamber, with its decisions lacking transparency and predictability.
- The plaintiff challenged the case's handling, stating it felt more like a Star Chamber than an open court of law.