- A rule established by the legislature of a government for society to follow
- A permanent guideline put in place by a corporation or its originator
- A formal document that establishes an organization on an international level and defines its power limits
- The statute that was recently passed has caused major changes in the industry.
- The new safety statute established by the manufacturing corporation was enforced across all its branches.
- The international statute set out strict responsibilities and limitations for the newly formed agency.