- The act of guiding someone to follow a particular course of action
- A deceptive method where loan applicants are pressured or tricked into taking up loans that are more expensive
- The biased practice where potential homeowners or tenants are only shown properties in specific neighborhoods based on their race or nationality
- The broker was accused of steering for directing clients toward higher-interest loans.
- The fair housing group filed a complaint about steering after noticing potential buyers of different races were shown properties in different neighborhoods.
- Consumer protection agencies warn against steering, where lenders trick borrowers into taking more costly loans.