- The act of making something or someone come to a standstill
- Imposing a legal constraint on a particular activity or subject
- The act of ending an action or movement
- A specific moment or event where something is made to cease operation or movement
- Due to the misbehavior of the students, the teacher had to stop the class trip.
- The police had the authority to stop the illegal rally from progressing.
- For the safety of everyone, it was necessary to stop the malfunctioning machinery.
- During the marathon, there was a water stop for all the participants.