- Something that is not broad or liberal in its perspective, with a narrow focus or approach
- Something firm or rigid in its requirements or controls, lacking flexibility
- Something severe in discipline, exhibiting intensity and sternness
- Something that is steadfastly maintained or followed, without any flexibility
- A condition, norm, or principle that is rigorously followed to its fullest extent
- A context where blame or fault is not a requirement for an action or decision to be taken
- The strict rules of the company didn't allow for any leniency in attendance.
- Given the strict condition of the contract, there was little room for negotiation.
- The obligation is strict, it doesn't require fault for liability.