- The act of convincing or persuading someone to perform an illegal act, particularly to lie under oath
- The act of procuring false testimony from a witness during a legal proceeding
- The prosecutor alleged that the defendant attempted to suborn the witnesses in order to strengthen his case.
- To have a fair trial, it's crucial for the court to ensure no party has tried to suborn the jury members.
- During the investigation, it was discovered that there was an attempt to suborn a public official to influence the outcome.