- The sequence or order in which individuals gain a property, position, role, or right based on a predetermined arrangement or set of conditions
- The entitlement a person or their ancestors have to obtain something such as a property or title
- The lineage or family line that holds a right to acquire something in a predetermined order
- The procedural follow-up or sequence of individuals or events in an orderly manner
- The process where one individual substitutes another in relation to rights, duties, or other responsibilities
- The way a person becomes the rightful owner of a deceased person's belongings or property, particularly when that person died without a will; this can also refer to the transfer of an individual's estate to their heirs or recipients in the will
- The continuation of an organization's recognition as a separate legal entity
- The procedure that occurs when one company acquires ownership of another company
- The process, in international law, where a country gains the rights and standing of a different country
- The will detailed the succession of assets to the deceased's children.
- The board announced the CEO's retirement and initiation of the succession plan.
- The regulations outlined the official procedure for a countries succession in the international forum.