- The process of relinquishing control or possession to another individual or entity
- The act of fully relinquishing something or deciding to give it up
- The voluntary cancellation of an insurance policy
- Handing over oneself or something else to the jurisdiction of the law
- Voluntarily submitting oneself to another individual or authority
- The act or occasion of surrendering, indicating a forfeiture or submission
- After many hours of negotiation, the suspect decided to surrender to the authorities.
- Following several missed payments, the homeowner was forced to surrender the property to the bank.
- Tired of the high premiums, the policyholder chose to surrender his life insurance policy.