- The ability of one or more individuals sharing joint possession to claim the belongings of a deceased joint tenant
- The condition or life status of a person who has survived or outlived another person or event
- The house went to Martha by survivorship because she outlived the other joint tenant.
- As per the survivorship principle, David obtained the full ownership of the car after the death of his co-owner.
- The survivorship clause in their agreement allowed Mary to gain full control over the business after her partner's passing.