- A term used when someone or something is subject to doubt, mistrust, or closer examination
- An individual who is considered to be possibly involved in a criminal offense
- Believing someone to be responsible for a wrong act based on limited evidence or absence of concrete proof
- Assuming the existence of something or the likelihood of an event based on circumstantial evidence or logical inference
- Security guards followed the suspect around the store.
- The detective interrogated the suspect to determine their involvement in the crime.
- The officer would not arrest him until they had enough reason to suspect his involvement in the theft.