- Temporarily preventing someone from utilizing their privilege, role, or function
- Putting a halt to something for a brief period
- Temporarily making something powerless or ineffective
- Postponing an action or event until a future time
- Due to misconduct, the committee decided to suspend the officer from duty.
- The construction work had to suspend because of the severe weather conditions.
- The city council decided to suspend the proposed regulation after the public outcry.
- The judgment was suspend until all evidence was thoroughly reviewed.