- The act of making a serious vow or commitment, often in a formal context
- Indicating something truthful or pledging a promise while under a formal oath
- Asserting or pledging in a strong and determined manner
- Refers to the act of formally administering an oath to someone
- A process by which a person is obligated by an oath
- The act of voicing an oath
- The witness was asked to swear before giving his testimony in court.
- In a court proceeding, individuals swear to tell the truth and nothing but the truth.
- The president-elect will swear to uphold the constitution at the inauguration.