- The process by which an authoritative body assesses or calculates the amount of costs related to a court action
- The action of imposing a financial charge or other levy on a person or their property by a government or public authority
- A fee, commonly in the form of money, enforced by a government or public authority on individuals or assets, intended to support public expenses
- An amount of money collected by an organization from its members with the intention to cover its operating costs
- The city council decided to tax luxury homes at a higher rate to generate funds for public services.
- To clear their debt, they had no choice but to pay the large tax levied on their property.
- The members of the golf club were not pleased about the new tax introduced to cover renovation expenses.