- The process of requiring people or businesses to contribute to government revenue
- Mandating charges or burdens upon subjects of a state by a government
- Formal and lawful decision of how much one is to pay in taxes
- The total sum of money that a government collects from its constituents
- A specific fiscal sum that an individual or corporation is required to contribute towards state revenue
- A distinct structure or method employed by a government to levy taxes
- The new company is struggling to understand the complexities of taxation in this state.
- Due to heavy taxation, many residents are considering relocation.
- The government introduced a new plan of taxation to increase the state revenue.