- A legal claim made against a third party in a third-party complaint
- A legal assertion by an injured third party, often as a beneficiary of workers' compensation insurance, against an insurance provider or the person insured, seeking compensation or reimbursement
- The worker submitted a third-party claim against the insurance company to cover the hospital expenses caused by the accident on the job.
- In order to try and recover her losses from the accident, she decided to make a third-party claim against the other driver's insurance.
- Due to his injury, he was unable to return to work, and thus filed a third-party claim with the insurance company to cover his lost wages.