- A hint or piece of information given to law enforcement related to a potential crime
- Inside information that gives someone an advantage in trading stocks or other financial securities
- The act of giving helpful information or a hint to someone or about something
- After witnessing a robbery, Roger decided to pass on a tip to the local law enforcement.
- A tip about a big tech company's upcoming merger boosted the portfolio of many traders.
- She decided to tip the waiter about the misplaced purse she saw in the corner.