- A fee that's imposed for the usage of a transportation route or infrastructure
- The act of ending or canceling something, typically a right
- The process of eliminating or reducing the impact of something
- A state of being temporarily halted or paused
- The temporary stoppage or cessation of something's operation or impact
- The toll for using the highway increased when infrastructure maintenance costs went up.
- The court decided to toll the individual's right to seek compensation after they missed the deadline.
- Lawyers worked quickly to toll the effect of the unfavorable verdict on their client's reputation.
- There was a toll in the legal proceedings to allow for new evidence to be presented.
- Implementing a toll on the enforcement of the law allowed the community to better adjust to the new regulations.