- A principle in property law that permits the transformation of personal property into marital or collective property through mutual agreement between partners or when marital or collective assets are used for the personal property's upkeep or enhancement
- Any act or circumstance in which a property interest is transformed according to the principle of transmutation
- During their marriage, they opted for a transmutation of their separately owned assets into community property.
- The house underwent transmutation when they invested their shared assets for its renovation.
- A legal document was signed to facilitate the transmutation of their individual property interests.