- It refers to the place where a judge operates or someone who is assuming the role of a judge
- This term is used for a court or a platform made for justice; it could also refer to an individual or a group assigned to resolve disagreements in a manner that's binding for all involved parties
- The tribunal was convened to oversee disputes between the tenants and the landlord.
- She filed her complaint with the local tribunal, trusting them to make a fair judgement.
- He was summoned to the tribunal to discuss the matter at hand.