- An individual or entity that undertakes the responsibility of an insurance policy
- An individual who evaluates the potential risks that could be included in an insurance policy
- An individual or organization that supports and assumes financial responsibility for a security issue
- The underwriter was responsible for drafting the terms of the new insurance policy.
- The company hired an underwriter to evaluate the risks they should consider in their upcoming insurance policy.
- The firm acted as an underwriter for the initial public offering of the tech company's securities.