- Lacks the appropriate characteristics or conditions for a specific purpose or obligation
- Does not possess the required abilities, ethical integrity, or mental stability to provide suitable care
- Lacks ability, competence, or preparation to fulfill a certain duty or obligation
- Lacks the capability or qualifications necessary for a particular task or role
- The judge found the caretaker unfit to care for the child due to a history of neglect.
- Due to his lack of experience and training, the employee was deemed unfit for the role of a supervisor.
- The defendant was found unfit to stand trial due to his inability to understand the proceedings.